Interested groups and individuals are invited to make a proposal for audio programmes to be broadcast on Curious Broadcast Web Radio, a new arts – based community radio station based in Dublin.
We are currently looking for artists, musicians, producers, communities and individuals with a passion for creating radio programmes that push boundaries of the status quo and generate fresh thinking about the world around us. Curious Broadcast is an arts-based web radio station and broadcast studio that creates a space for innovation and cultural experimentation across all sectors. It is dedicated to creating quality audio programmes whilst working collaboratively within the arts.
Curious broadcast aims to enable communities, artists and those within the third sector to make radio programs that challenge, inspire, inform, generate curiosity about music, culture and diversity. Web radio is part of a rapidly developing sector that allows for greater listener flexibility and more access than ever before. This is in line with the ethos of Curious Broadcast – one of total social inclusion and accessibility to both local, national and global communities. Curious Broadcast is based in Rua Red, Tallaght and works in partnership with Tallaght Community Arts.
We are looking for artists, communities, radio producers and other interested parties who wish to engage in radio as an aesthetic language and a means of collaborative and creative expression for themselves, or in collaboration with other individuals and communities.Interested individuals should submit a proposal for their radio programmes with the following considerations.
- Proposals should be no more than 2-3 pages long and provide a clear outline of the artistʼs objective, process and idea.
- Proposal for radio programmes should be for a maximum of 30 minutes. Please note if you require further time a maximum of 59 minutes is given.
- The proposal can be for a series of programmes, with a maximum series run of ten programmes.
- Proposals can be from an individual or a group/organisation.
- High Artistic Quality in programming and production
- The innovative and explorative use of the medium of radio through ideas that push the boundaries of mainstream radio program formats.
- A connection with the central ethos of Curious Broadcast Web Radio as a broadcasting space that facilitates the exploration of other communities and the world we live in, and subsequently exchange and generate new ideas and visions for social change.
- Evidence of the ability to produce high quality audio broadcasts, in terms of production values, artistic merit and participation.
Selected applicants will have access to a broadcast studio and receive technical support in order to produce their programs. They will also be given an induction session covering sound recording, broadcasting and libel. Assistance and advice will be offered on production issues around making radio programs. Should additional training be required by artists/producers, this can be provided for a nominal fee within a group session.
Curious Broadcast Web Radio will own the programs produced and Artists/Producers may access programs for their own use with prior permission from Curious Broadcast. Curious Broadcast are not in a position to pay Artists/Producers for their contributions at this time.
Applications can be sent by email or post to:
Curious Broadcast, Studio 3, Rua Red, South County Dublin Arts Centre, Tallaght, Dublin 24
This is an open call. Applicants will be notified within 30 days of the decision of the selection board.
Download the full Curious Broadcast Call